Thursday, November 23, 2017

"Storm the Vault: Artificers rejoice!"


"Storm the Vault: Artificers rejoice!"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Admiral Beckett Brass , Memnarch and Tezzeret all looked at this card and all nodded their approval. I am running a pirate EDH deck that has Mechanized Production and Revel in Riches as it's win conditions so I am running all kinds of excited faces as I write this. 

This Izzet colored Legendary enchantment allows an aggressive deck like Pirates to get even more treasures on to the battlefield. It gives them incentive to attack  , get more plunder and if at the beginning of your end step  you have 5 or more artifacts , transform Storm of the Vault. 

We just came from a very artifact heavy plane in Kaladesh and it is quite easy to get 5 artifacts in play in EDH. Mana rocks account for a lot of those as well as the Pirates we will be playing along side this enchantment. The thing is Storm of the Vault is versatile enough to be included in other artifact centric decks but it surely will shine in a Grixis colored deck. 


So what happens when Storm the vault transforms?  It turns into the Vault of Catlacan. A legendary land that can give you colorless mana or Blue mana for each artifact you control. For those of you who have been in magic long enough this is Metal worker on a stick or Tolarian Academy 2.0! Just think of all those thing you can cast with all that blue mana and all the things that Memnarch could steal on your behalf. Sorry for drooling but I really could imagine my opponent conceding as I begin to Capsize all of their permanents and just pay buyback. And if there was something I would really want to enchant from freed from the Reel it would be this card so that I could have infinite blue mana. Maybe so I could have an opponent psychic drain or consume spirit or Blue sun Zenith them to oblivion.

Yup. Storm the Vault is now on my wish list and hopefully I can get one in my PR Kit. It would be a nice birthday gift. Let's see. Hehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment