Thursday, November 9, 2017

"Midweek Magic November 2017 #40 - Rampaging Gishath"


"Midweek Magic November 2017 #40 - Rampaging Gishath"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I just would like to say that Gishath is a beast. Well , he is a dinosaur but he does know how to rip a new one on your opponents. I was finally able to put together my Dino EDH deck this week with the recent gift from my friend ST Estrella. I was still lacking the major dinos like Carnage Tyrant and the Regisaur Alpha but I already had a hard time filtering the existing dinos so that I can come  up with a dino deck that would be able to compete with the really good decks of my play group.

I was able to play a little one on one with Jus and the decks mana acceleration kicked it and I was able to cast Gishath in no time. It made me realize that I had put in a lot of haste enablers in the deck when Gishath never really needed it. I was happy with the first test play since it turned out to a win. 7 commander damage per turn and is just wonderful and even if the dino terror gets taken cared off by spot removal the haste it has and the added commander cost is negligible in a Naya deck that has green for mana ramp.

I would still want a chance to put the expensive dinos in this deck but for the mean time I am happy that every one is able to do their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment