Thursday, November 9, 2017

"LoonA Odd Eye Circle - Sweet Crazy Love MV reaction: Ghosts! "


"LoonA Odd Eye Circle  - Sweet Crazy Love MV reaction: Ghosts! "
by:
The Vole

I was really surprised when I saw the trailer for this MV and it was a great treat when it came out. I mean after coming out with a mini album of 5 great songs their produces decided to spring this on Loona fans.(Loonatics?) A repackaged album with 2 new songs!

It features the trio back in school girl uniforms and opens to gritty black and white footage and tries to invoke a little horror feel to it with Kim Lip walking in misty alley ways , Jinsoul riding a train all by herself and Choerry dancing in some abandoned building somewhere. I have a theory that they represent spirits in all these places. Ghosts in all the empty places that start dancing. I mean this could be the only explanation why there are no other people around right? Or maybe the Odd eye circle just really wants their alone time that badly.

Let me just say that those black and white scenes of this sub unit dancing are just gorgeous and they really seem to pop out of the screen with the stark white contrast. 



The first color on this MV appears at the 2:54 mark when Jinsoul decides to remove her eyepatch. I don't know why that is but girls with eye patches are becoming a thing. I for one like it and Jinsoul really looks like a manga character coming to life. I guess it represents the sort of awakening of the odd eye circle that connects all three girls. 

The horror elements that are at play here is one about ghosts , coming off focus like when Choerry is walking in a corridor or when someone yanks the earphones that Jinsoul has and it falls to the side of that fish she had.My theory is that the fish wants to listen to whatever it is Jinsoul is listening to. And why the hell is this fish still alive? She has been running with it since the Singing in the Rain MV which solidifies my theory about Ghosts. This is actually a ghost fish!



This song talks about a girl wanting to be with a guy and all the time that they are together she can't notice anything else but his lips. Hmmmmm. That sounds a little hungry to me. 
They keep on mentioning come come come a lot and Cherry motion. I don't know what cherry motion actually means. I must ask the girls in one fan sign event soon. 

The dance track is easy to follow and of course you will be carried away by Loona Odd Eye Circles inherent sexiness. I really must be getting used to the concept of cutie sexiness by now but I still can't. Not that I will ever complain of it now or in the future anyway. 

LoonA has done a great push for the final quarter of the year and I hope that they get more recognition when they reveal their full line up some time next year but in the meantime I will keep on enjoying the content from Odd eye circle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment