Thursday, November 9, 2017

"3 things I have seen this week November #1 :Ghosts"


"3 things I have seen this week November #1 :Ghosts"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Halloween has come and gone and so have the costumed weirdos who revel in it. Me included but only on the inside as I don't think people in the places I work for would have confidence in a doctor who would dress in one of the characters I liked. Especially if the characters I admire had well toned bodies that I obviously lack but enough of me and more of the things I have seen this week.

1) Ghost of the past

It has been 2 years since my mom passed away but her memories linger and when I went back to our old house I cannot help but feel a little bit sadder since the place seems like a gloomier place without her and Nadine there. All those memories of great things in that place. Ideas and dreams and joy. Those are dead and buried. Only her ashes remain.

2) Ghost of the present

It has been awhile since I saw a ghost and yes I did see one for the first time in the current clinic that I worked with. Is it because my third eye is once again opened or is it that in that particular day the ghosts really could manifest themselves more strongly? I don't even know how to feel about the ghost only that I was not surprised that on Halloween I would actually get to see one.

3) Ghost of the future

I looked at my bank account. And then look at my bills. I mourn early for my dearly departed money.

Ghosts. An ever present thing in our lives. We may like it or not but they will always be there to remind us of the life that we had , have and will have. Now this is a bit early for Christmas tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment