Thursday, November 9, 2017

"3 things I have seen this week November 2017 #2: The Inevitable"


"3 things I have seen this week November 2017 #2: The Inevitable"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Have you ever had that sinking feeling that things will happen regardless of your wishes or your fervent prayers? Well this week things just sort of fell off the wagon and I have lost a little more faith in the systems that are in place to safeguard us.

1) Moving the Whistle Blower

There is nothing worse than being caught red handed with something. Even with the proper channel to complain to and enough evidence it has been months and there have been no action with the authorities involved. Meanwhile the whistleblower that I know of has been removed  , her story twisted around so much that she is now at fault and lucky that she has not been fired. While I still like working for the company I work it gives me pause as how they have dealt with this particular case.

2) Delayed Payments

I have always known that when it comes to adjusting to changes
one of the companies I work for always has troubles. Much more so this payday where the delay was more pronounced as there could have been things that were paid earlier and done with but instead had to be put on hold because of an unknown error that seems to be only affecting several doctors. Convenient.

3) Frayed patience 

And today I knew that when I texted me clinic mate and HR there would be that time that they would not say Ok to when I actually say that I would not be going to work. There was an awful amount of silence as I have been cancelling work from them at almost the last moment for 2 weeks straight. Oh well. I have my options. They have theirs. It was only inevitable that in this time where things are happening rapidly and piling on that patience will be frayed. Time to find out how frayed it really is next week.


Out of these 3 things I saw the worst in the things that companies and employees do. I find myself in these situations and find that I too am just human. The company that I work for as big as they are worry me at the moment because no one can really know the future.And of course the future is just as inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment