Wednesday, July 19, 2017

"Midweek Magic July 2017 # 24: Foiled by a Scheme"


"Midweek Magic July 2017 # 24: Foiled by a Scheme"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

This whole month of July has been Bant struggles for me. Oddly enough Approach of the Second sun in my deck has provided me with one or two wins and this day I thought that it might provide me with a much needed win to boost my confidence in my improvised Bant deck.

So I was able to cast the 7 mana spell and as it again peeked through my Library and it seemed that I had enough time and life to win as the Archenemy in our game something weird happened. The Scheme that was supposed to help me turned out to be my downfall.

I drew the scheme A Reckoning Approaches that lets me look at the top 6 cards of my library. Normally I would be happy because it would let me put a massive creature from these 6 cards that I looked at and then put the rest of the cards at the bottom of my library in any order.

Today was different as the 6th card in my deck was my Approach of the Second Sun that I was hoping would let me snatch away the win.And to add insult to injury among the 6 cards that I looked at none of them were creatures. So I basically drew a dud scheme and buried my win condition all in one turn.Both me and my opponents blew out air through our mouths. Theirs of relief. Mine of absolute frustration.

It also didn't help that A Reckoning Approaches showed a Second Sun resolved in it's art. I guess the reckoning that approached was meant for me as I lost this game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment