Tuesday, February 28, 2017

"Midweek Magic 2017 #7-B - The Unlikely Jace"


"Midweek Magic 2017 #7-B - The Unlikely Jace"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

I must admit that when I bought the Jace Vs Vraska duel deck I was salivating over the fact that I would be able to create a deck around the Golgari planeswalker Vraska.And she has not disappointed me when she was included in my Sultai Superfriends deck.

Jace , Architect of Thought was kept safely away for years until I decided to make a deck with the remaining Jace's that I had. Namely him , a Memory Adept , a Jace Beleren and a couple of Jace , Seeker of Truth. I found that Jace , Architect of Thought was the effiest of the bunch. His first ability was anti-weenie aggro which I had no use for and his second ability was a bit too unpredictable to consistently get good results. And yet it was with this Jace that I won with my recent Dimir deck as I was able to use his ultimate ability.



I was facing a Seafoods deck which had a Quest for Ula's temple online. Having a slightly different version of this deck I had an idea of it's contents such as the awesome Stormtide Leviathan , Lorthos and the Kederekt Leviathan. It was for this last monster that I laid my hopes on when I activated Jace , Architect of Thought. I was able to drop it on the battlefield. Wiping away the online Quest for Ula's Temple and another monster. From there Ram would not be able to recover and I would be able to attack with new Leviathan on the battlefield in the next turns. All thanks to the Jace that I buried for years. Thanks Architect of Thought. You have finally found your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment