Tuesday, February 28, 2017

"Midweek Magic 2017 #8: When that tapped land hurts."


"Midweek Magic 2017 #8: When that tapped land hurts."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

What hurts more when you get a Sunken Hollow on turn 4 and you got a Damnation in hand because you are not able to use it? Well the fact that you get Obliterated by a Academy Researcher with Eldrazi Conscription , Curiosity and Helm of the Gods. The annihilator 2 from Eldrazi Conscription alone makes sure that I had only 2 lands on the next turn and I was dead in the water. 

Such is the way of Chaos Pantry Magic in HP Eton Centris where on one match you have an overwhelming victory because you were able the creatures on the board and have enough Planeswalkers that no one had the answers to and on the next round of games you are not even able to use a single removal spell.



The decks I made are made for me to utilize the cards that I have and to get a win or two while being able to use the said cards as they have languished deckless for years before I got them all together and for a brewer like me there is no greater sin than to have a cool card just sit there useless. Now that the games are officially consistent I have more chances to try new things but also consistently build on the things that I have. Magic players always have a pet deck and I think mine is the Sultai Superfriends that I have been harping on for the last few months.

Until the next round of games. The improvements and brewing continues. Thank you Ram , Janry , Pao. On to March! 

No comments:

Post a Comment