Tuesday, January 24, 2017

"Midweek Magic 2017 #4 - Waiting for the End"



"Midweek Magic 2017 #4 - Waiting for the End"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

Waiting for the end is never fun but in the game of Magic even the inevitable end is a learning opportunity. It's like looking at that looming black dot coming toward you , you think to yourself , "I have an inkling what that is but I still want to see what is it" and then you realize that it is Emrakul , The Promised End Rushing toward you head on. All you can say is , "Oh , so that's what that was." And then you die.

In my playgroup in HP Eton Centris , We have Ram who is a Combo-Control player. Most of his decks starts out as just land plays but is sure to have some sort of horrible end for everyone. We already know about this pattern and yet even if it takes some time to cook up we still look on , curious as how this deck that seemingly churns out lands and controls in the early turns would turn out. This week I had an idea that he had a mono blue , modern version of the Metalwork Colossus deck that I was running.  


So the kick in the teeth happened when he fetched an Akroma's Memorial with a Treasure Mage. He was eventually able to cast it and with a couple of Prophetic Prisms in play was able to cast 4 Metalwork Colossi? Colossus's? Colossus? So Anyway those 4 10/10 robots now made an awesome Akroma impersonation , complete with Haste that destroyed me and fellow Regular player Janry. Like I said a horrible death but we did wait for it.

Next week I might just make more of a reaction if I wasn't having enough fun just being able to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment