Sunday, January 22, 2017

"Midweek Magic 2017 #2:That from the helvault fresh feeling"


"Midweek Magic 2017 #2:That from the helvault fresh feeling"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

Probably one of the greatest feelings a magic player can have is to finally get to play cards that you thought you would not be able to play in the next century or so. For anyone who follows me on a regular basis(And I applaud the 10 of you who do.Including my wife , daughter and the digital imprint of my mom's ghost.)  I am trapped in an endless loop of work and more work so that I do not really have time to play. I am thankful that I do have my playgroup in HP Eton Centris and this particular blog posts follow the highs and lows of our games. Mostly highs though. Like this week where we got to play in 2 of the 3 days that we could.

I finally got to bring my Chopsuey Affinity deck and my Rakdos(B/R) Dragon reanimator deck that was looking more like a Chopsuey reanimator too because it had Griselbrand , Stormtide Leviathan , Avacyn , Angel of Hope , Elesh Norn and Sheoldred. And the reason for this was because I was not able to find my dragons who are in a Kirilan of the Claw EDH deck that I was too hesitant to break apart.

When I played the Rakdos Reanimator my playgroup didn't really develop a liking to it since it easily put in the likes of Sheoldred and Elesh Norn on the battlefield rather easily. Being a little rusty I seem to have failed in containing all the hate that was aimed at my deck and I was one of  the early casualties of the 5 man pod we were playing in the pantry.

When one of our regulars , Janry came back after the pantry games I found myself facing a monogreen deck that had great mana acceleration in Birds of Paradise and Llanowar Elves as well formidable creatures in the hexproof Dungroove Elder and graveyard cleaning Scavenging Ooze. I played my Rakdos reanimator and got to Play Griselbrand , who I have not used since I acquired it during the last GP Manila. It was a great Out of the helvault feeling as I thought that it would take a lot more time for me to play this card. And this guy was a powerhouse the moment he came in as I was able to win 2 games with him. Oh and I also got to play out Damnation and Living Death. 2 more cards that were languishing in decks and not having any chances to be played. I guess that all changed tonight and I am looking forward to more midweek games until all of the decks I have in deep storage gets played.

Thank you everyone for letting me play even if sometimes it is a bit overkill.I surely appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment