Tuesday, August 2, 2016

"Closer"


"Closer"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

I
The moth saw the light
And so much nearer it came
Burned by it's flames
falling unwinged into shame


II
The deer stood unmoving
The headlights took it's gaze
It splattered on the hood
Metal taking all it's grace

III
Brighter and Brighter
The metal train roared
The man in the hood raised his arms
Embraced it as he stood.

06/10/2016


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Editor's Notes: "Closer" is 4 of  6 in my Change Series where I take a song title and write a poem that is totally different from the songs narrative or meaning. This series revolves around the discography of the Kpop Group Oh my Girl and a song written by one of their seniors in B1A4. 

I do not own the picture shown in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment