Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"What if Magic Character names were common?"


"What if Magic Character names were common?"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

So there I was sitting and a thought came to my head. What if by the next decade or so people were naming their children after Magic legendary Characters or Planeswalkers? It is happening now because aside from me I personally know 2 other people who have named their children in this manner. My daughters nickname Aven is an ode to the tribal bird warriors that I enjoyed playing when I started out in magic. Now if there were more people naming their kids this way this would be what we would be hearing in the next couple of years...

#1 Prossh , Stop that Prossh you are getting dirty na....

"Ako po? Ako po ang bibili ng suka?"
#2 Akroma bumili ka nga ng suka sa kanto...

#3 Jace ano ba namang grades ito? Grades ba ito ng matinong bata?

#4 Phage cover your mouth when you are coughing...

"Here I come Lola...."
#5 Kamahl  , Bless na to your Lola...

#6 Liliana uwi pa ba ito ng isang matinong babae?

#7 Braids , magpalit ka nga nga damit , libing ang pupuntahan natin...

#8 Ixidor , itigil mo na yan...

"Yes Ma...
#9 Riku be nice to your brother...

#10 Vraska , stop playing with your food...

Yup , a lot of people are thinking twice about naming their kids after their favorite planeswalker now. Before you name your kid just imagine shouting that around 3 times at the top of your lungs and if you still like the sound of it...go ahead. Garruk!!!!!!!!! Ashiok!!!!!!!
Still sound nice? 

6 comments:

  1. Was actually thinking of naming our future kid Jace or Lavinia. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are really great names...with Lavinia though there was a bold star/ starlet with the screen name...personally names and associations always depend on the person..Cheers to having your children breaking the mold and making the name for themselves hehehhee

      Delete
    2. I agree with you. Though I've liked the name Lavinia for a long time. Make a guess kung san ko unang narinig ung name na to. Hahahaha. Then again, I might just end up naming my kid my Raven Knives or something. Haha. Keep writing!

      Delete
    3. I think you got that from a Childrens Show hahahahah...Well Raven Knives is cool if you want to go with that...don't name them Emrakul or Ulamog though...Jack and I had a discussion about that...all their lives matatawag silang powered hahahahah

      Delete
  2. Sir! Magpublish po kaya kau ng libro? Compilation ng mga Magic related posts.. Hehehe! Madaming bibili cgurado.. Isa na po ako dun! Hehehe! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sir Chris...I really enjoy just writing about our favorite game but a lot of people have been asking me about it...I honestly dont know how to go about it but it is something that I will be exploring in the next year...thank you very much for your support...

    ReplyDelete