Sunday, October 31, 2021

"Squid Game: Twisting Your Childhood"


 "Squid Game: Twisting Your Childhood"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD 


I am a fan of Survival games , having watched Cube , Battle Royale , Gantz and Alice in Borderland before this Korean series. 

I have been interested in watching it  ever since I read the synopsis. So when my wife suggested we watch it on a Saturday night I immediately said yes!  

Seong Gi-hun is part of 456 participants in a series of mysterious life and death games. All that you need to know about these people is that all of them want to be in these games. All of their motivations are shown as the series progresses. 

Some elements that this series has in common with the other one's that I have mentioned is that the games get more and more horrific over time. You will be rooting for people in this series , you might relate to their struggles or not but you will root for them to live nonetheless.

The most disturbing aspect of this series for me is that it always manages to take something innocent and pure and turn it into a twisted image of itself.

I don't like spoiling the fun for others. It is best watched for yourself. But like in Miracle in Cell #7 though get ready for a very harrowing emotional ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment