Sunday, October 31, 2021

"Olivia , Crimson Bride: Bringing Back the Dead Vampire Style!"

 "Olivia , Crimson Bride: Bringing Back the Dead Vampire Style!"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


Olivia Voldaren is at the center of this set and this card is just really powerful in my book. 


In my early days of playing magic I fell in love with reanimator and dragons. I would often reanimate Bladewing the Risen , getting another Beefy dragon like his former self Rorix Bladewing or Dragon Tyrant. 

Later on in EDH decks it might be Bogardan Hellkite or Utvara Helkite or Hellkite Tyrant. (I just love them Hellkites). 

In any of my games If I also had a Bladewings Thrall , that too rises from the ground to go into the battlefield.All this for the price a price of one reanimation spell! 



With Olivia , Crimson Bride as an EDH Commander I can do this whole process by attacking with her (She has Haste!) getting all these dragons and Thrall as well! Sure it does cost 6 mana more but this is something that is always within your reach as she is always there in the command zone just waiting for that attack reanimation strategy to work in your favor.

I know they wanted people to play vampires but this new card seems like a fresh start for my Rakdos Colored Dragons to rise again. And rise they shall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment