Friday, October 8, 2021

"3 things that I have thought about during The 2021 Facebook Outage"

 "3 things that I have thought about during The 2021 Facebook Outage"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


The 2021 Facebook Outage was a period of 6 hours where no person on the internet could have access of the social network platform and it's associated applications like Instagram and What's App.

Having been on duty as this happened I felt like I was not affected by it all that much because I usually leave Facebook on to communicate with my wife who was also at work. But thoughts did come to me.And here they are.

1) People who have been using these apps as a distraction found that it disappeared and could have either found other things to do or focused on things that they were doing.


If there were some metric to measure productivity that 6 hours would have gone through the roof for some. Except probably if you were worried about the person you were talking to on facebook or if you use facebook to sell your wares.


2) People probably slept better or not.

Scrolling through Facebook , well that seems endless. And if you find yourself peeing in the middle of the night then opening the app some people I know could not even go back to sleep until later which affects their quality of sleep.

With that in mind , upon checking that they could not log in some people probably would have slept right back or changed to youtube. Hahahahha


3) People who were about to confess their feelings or receive that answer...would have waited for 6 hours.

Yup one of the thoughts I had was if someone just confessed and they were communicating via FB. That would have been a very tense 6 hours. Or a very short one if they can call the other person. I was thinking that I would stew a little bit if that ever happened to me. That I would not have the courage to call that person."Oh by the way , I love you..."

And then they could either say it back or politely pretend that they did not read my message yet. 

This is me high on coffee properly on a day off. So off to sleep in a few hahahaha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment