Wednesday, September 8, 2021

"The Loop of Her Symphony"

"The Loop of Her Symphony"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


 I 

Suffocating my mind with thoughts of you

Tonight seems like another night but it is not

For when beginnings roll on, the end eventually comes

And for me who is drowning in you, it means right now


II

Stepping into these midnight affairs

logging out in these mental missteps

Hoping that the whispers never find me again


Yet here I am grasping at the ends

Your name keeps reminding me

That there is no end to this game


III

So the prisoner again utters those words

The captor smiles and signals to start

The loop rewinds in on itself. 

The music begins from the top.


The Gatehouse Loft , Valenzuela City. September 9, 2021. 4:05am. Poem 8 of 30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment