Friday, April 30, 2021

"To The Echoes of Them"


"To The Echoes of Them"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


The halls no longer echo

with the sound of your voices

And there are things that I would 

Give if I could for one chance to hear


II

Hear in this cold and big place

Whose laughter used to be so abundant

I would very much want to see

both of you sitting , sipping your coffee there


III

Where you both would argue

Of the Future that was not here yet

Or Maybe Ramble on and on

about a past that could no longer be


IV

There was a balance disturbed

And A void that was never replaced

Instead things changed in your absence

For good or for worse can still be argued


V

But if there is one thing I am sure

I miss the laughter and your voices

The silent disapproval or  real dissent

I wish there were a lot more choices.


April 3 2020. Quezon City. 7:14pm 

No comments:

Post a Comment