Friday, April 30, 2021

"Smog Onyx: Where they don't expect it."

 "Smog Onyx: Where they don't expect it!"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


By now everyone knows about this awesome 2 card combo. Where you can chain er...continually copy Chain of Smog even if you no longer have any hand to discard and by doing so keep on triggering the Magecraft ability of Professor Onyx Aka Liliana in disguise until you drain the life out of all your opponents and you have a radiant glow about you that can only be gotten by well sucking the life out of everyone else around you. Jolly Fun right?

Since this combo is so well known  , you can tell by the price spike of Chain of Smog , I have 6 copies of this one card because it was dirt cheap back in the day. And it has been in a dusty binder until this combo came to light. I am still not selling any of it hahaahaha (Hoarder for life!)

What I want to talk about at the moment is that since people know that this combo will be coming in power house builds like Tergrid and Tiny Bones or even in Golgari Colors because well they had to print a card like Witherbloom Apprentice which basically has the same ability as Prof. Onxy , only in Black Green and cheaper. So Imagine how silly it would be to have both of these guys in play in a dedicated Golgari deck. Not looking good for everyone else huh?

So what I would like to do is to put this in a deck that my opponents would probably not expect it from like I don't know a Monoblack infect deck with Skittles at the helm , while they are worrying over Poison counters and that 10th one that will hit them I silently build up 8 mana and Baam Mother Father! Smog Onyx  Bomb in the house! 

Like I always say this is a worthy goal. I should incorporate it soon. Bwahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment