Friday, April 30, 2021

"He fell"

 "He fell"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


"This is going to be a weird day" and as I said that I plunged into the ocean where I was in my bed a whole thought ago. "How did I get here? I don't live anywhere near the ocean. Oh and I also don't know how to swim. Great! Not only am I drowning , no one actually knows where to find me.If only I can get back home." 

"Dad?" My daughter looked at me. "Why are you all wet? And Is that sea weed on your head?"

"What did you do?" This was my wife as she came out of the bathroom. "You are spilling water all over the kitchen floor!"

I was beginning to think that the ocean was a better option than facing an angry wife in the morning but then again here I am in the middle of my own kitchen with my family. I should be safe but I don't feel that way. Did I think about places and I was there?

"Jonah , you have to get more milk ok? You are the one who finishes them all off anyway. The Grocery..."

"...Store." I heard my wife saying it but before she even finished I was in the middle of the place. Oh I forgot to tell that I usually just sleep in my boxers. It is a good thing that the place is still closed. Then again there might be cameras here. How the hell did an almost naked , obviously drenched man end up in the middle of the milk aisle?

I really have to figure things out. Now how the hell do I stop and not think of places to blink to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment