Friday, April 30, 2021

"A Little Too Late Application "


"A Little Too Late Application "

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD 

I recently applied to a website that specializes in Magic the Gathering content. With the way that Wizards of the Coast has been conducting it's business there is a constant need to update players and collectors about new content. I was asked why I wanted the position and here was my reply:

The reason I want this post.

I am Dr. Virgilio F. De leon Jr. , I am a blogger and Magic player. I have been writing about Magic for more than a decade now. I am genuinely excited with the prospect of working to promote the game that I love. 

I always felt like during the early years of magic there was not enough articles that I could identify with as a beginner and so I started to write about Magic and talked about Piso-Piso decks aka Pauper. I also play EDH and have about 100 plus decks with varied concepts.

I hope that you can consider me for the Content Writer post and I will eagerly wait for your response.

Dr. De leon

I must admit that I was pretty late in my submission. I looked at myself and saw all that I lacked even with the encouragement of friends and family. It took me an hour to make my Writer's Resume. I have been writing since I was young but not really put an effort a resume that focused on this part of my life. Mainly because I always got the job because a friend recruited me. 

So I sat there in front of my laptop like an idiot. Insecurities gnawing at me. I was in a slump as well. Not writing anything for weeks on end. Not the kind of writer you would want on your team anyway.

I passed my resume about the same time my friend got his final interview. I think I threw my net a little too late and now I am not even sure if someone saw my resume.

I still know why I write about MTG though and I will continue writing until I cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment