Monday, March 8, 2021

"Bramble Sovereign:I missed one."


 "Bramble Sovereign :I missed one."

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


I was watching one of those box openings on Alpha Investments and Rudy was just talking about how Battlebond is one of those sets that people miss out on. I thought that I had all the important cards in that set especially after hitting Doubling Season , Greater Good and the Kenrith Twins but I am glad that I was surprised to miss one and that is the Bramble Sovereign that turned out to be the first mythic rare of that box. 


A 4 mana costing 4/4 Dryad that has both combo and political potential. So it has an ability that reads , Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield, you may pay 1 and Green mana. If you do, that creature's controller creates a token that's a copy of that creature.


I found this intriguing because it basically just copies a creature that came into play at such a discounted cost. So I picture that this will be great with ETB effects like a Mulldrifter for example. You can evoke it and then pay 2 mana to draw a total of 4 cards. An Archeomancer allows you to return 2 Instants or Sorceries. A Nekrataal kills two creatures. A Trinket mage searches for 2 artifacts.


The best part is that you can leverage this ability by asking your opponent that you want to form an alliance with by asking , "Do you want to double that?"


And I mean this is also a 4/4 so it might be part of that final line up you could have in the end to defeat the last remaining opponent. Maybe this an a whole number of tokens as well

No comments:

Post a Comment