Friday, March 5, 2021

"3 things that I excited me from Kaldheim"

"3 things that I excited me from Kaldheim"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


By now all the gloom and doom regarding the expected value of Kaldheim is all over the internet and I must admit that after all the things that Wotc has been throwing at magic players and collectors there has to be some point where nothing would feel special at all and just cause these things to drop in prices.


I don't want to dwell on those things however. I just want to talk about things about excited me about Kaldheim in the first place.


1) Orvar , The All Form


Man the comborific things that Orvar has presented. The Potential to just copy a permanent and get another one of it in play. I mean that whole Ghostly Flicker , Archeomancer and Peregrine Drake combo is insande but with more of these guys coming in again and again at instant speed? Game over.


2) Tergrid , God of Fright


Now referred to as God of Salt because of the abusive things she can potentially do. I mean an opponent discards a permanent card it ends up on your side of the battlefield ,an opponent sacrifices a non-token permanent this ends up on your side of the field too.


With an abundance of cards that can make opponents discard or sacrifice things you can easily see why Tergrid is a magnet for hate right off the bat. But all strategies are not really assured until tested in battlefield conditions so I am reserving my judgement until I actually beat someone with her. The potential and there though.


3) Fynn and Vorinclex.


While it is not a secret that I am a Phyrexian by nature and therefore the thing that excites me the most about Kaldheim is the one that deals directly with the Compleation of other worlds. Fynn has death touch creatures giving 2 poison counters on opponents that they damage and Vorinclex doubles those counters. 


There is an existing Super Jerks decklist for Vorinclex that I find exciting as well and will probably attempt at building it once I acquire the elusive Praetor in Kaldheim.


So forget about EV. There are still enough things to make you excited about this set.


No comments:

Post a Comment