Wednesday, December 30, 2020

"The Blumentritt Railroad lines"


"The Blumentritt Railroad lines"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


In Abad Santos Avenue in Manila you often know that you have reached Blumentritt even with your eyes closed because of the rail lines there. 

My Dad used to tell me that when he was coming home from Class from PMI in Sta. Cruz that he would fall asleep and not miss his stop because the rail road bump would wake him and he would be able to go to the dormitory he was staying at.

Decades later this same rail line serves as a demarcation when I would be able to log in to our online app as attendance. I hit the bump and I can log in! 

This place is also where I got stranded during my high school years due to August  heavy rains and flooding and I had to wade through waist deep garbage  water with other people who had nowhere else to go. I was thankful that I had my Uncle Elmo Forlales who lives in Balut. They took me in all those nights ago.

Yup. Memories fill me up when I hit that bump every Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment