Wednesday, December 30, 2020

"Sleep and Me"

 "Sleep and Me"

by: 

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


As an adult one of the things that I want most and cannot live without(literally) is sleep.

8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is a luxury. With my work schedule and the things that I do for my family this really seldom happens. My wife actually got worried and asked me to cut some schedules. The Pandemic beat me to it though.

And now I have midweek break that allows me to let me have that deep sleep. I look forwards to Wednesday nights where after dinner I can retire to my bed and experience 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

No dreams. 

No going to the bathroom. 

No anxiety if I am going to be late for work 

or if I forgot to do something. 

No screens in front of me.  

8 hours. Whatever it is that I am feeling the day before. On Thursdays I wake up refreshed and ready to continue the week.

Sleep simply something I cannot live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment