Tuesday, September 29, 2020

"The Lazada Incident"

 


"The Lazada Incident"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


This is a cautionary tale. Read and learn from my experience.


It was Tuesday Morning and I had just parked my car in front of our house. Having not a wink of sleep from my duty I was eager to get my things and take a shower so that I can finally get some much needed sleep.


With my eyes still tired from the night a woman wearing a mask and carrying a heavy package was waving at me from a distance. She hurriedly came to me and she looked familiar.


"Sir buti na lang po nakita ko kayo. Di ko po kasi macontact si Maam."


At this point you can already guess how much stuff my family orders from Lazada. 1) She knows me because I am the one who usually goes down and gets the stuff. 2) She knows me because I am the one who usually pays.


She handed me the package as I was asking how much it would cost. "____ pesos lang po sir."


I had given her the exact amount. And she left happily. I realized that I had already left the exact amount with my wife last night because she did say that her shipment was coming tomorrow. I ended up paying for it myself any way.


So moral of the story. Wag mo na ibigay kay Misis. Ikaw din magbabayad sa umaga. Hahahahhaa

No comments:

Post a Comment