Tuesday, September 29, 2020

"3 positive things that I can say about 2020"



 "3 positive things that I can say about 2020"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


I posted this online a couple of weeks back and not surprisingly there were only a few people who could say anything positive about this year.


A year filled with so much anxiety and fear that everything comes into a boil and spews out on social media more than we expect. 


There are a lot of bad things that are not even Covid19 related that have happened this year but I find that there are at least a couple of things that I am thankful for.


1) I still have my job and are getting offers over time.


I am glad that I listened to my parents. They saw the future and never had I been more thankful for taking their advise and not giving up. I go to my work with an attitude of gratefulness each and every time. In a time where most struggle to find work I can be sure that my family is fed and provided for and I can somehow measure up to my Dad in terms of these.


2) My Aven is coping well with online classes.


I have read and listened to all the horrible stories of online classes. And I am happy that Aven is not experiencing any connectivity issues or anything that has to do with her laptop.  She is now more confident in Math class and is off to a great start this school year. She has been taking tutorial lessons all lockdown long and we are grateful for the patience of her teachers both in Math and in her Violon classes.


3) All of us are in relatively great health.


My wife and I are grateful that we have a great support system that is stable and intact through out this whole mess and that we remain healthy despite everything. We are able to help those that we could and they in turn help us as well. I am happy that we are all in the same page in regards to safety and disinfection and all the practices are bringing great results. None of us has ever gotten sick and we hope to keep it that way.



So all in all there is much to be thankful and even if the situation seems bleak now there are still bright spots in this world. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment