Friday, August 28, 2020

"Burn the Witch Manga Chapter 1 Review:When Harry Potter Met Bleach."

 "Burn the Witch Manga Chapter 1 Review:When Harry Potter Met Bleach."

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It is seldom that I get to start a manga from the beginning. I usually start from a couple of issues and work my way back and forward to get caught up. Or even finish a whole series just because a friend suggested it to me.

My house has been on the grips of Bleach fever ever since it was shown on Netflix. And so it was with great pleasure that I found this new manga from Tite Kubo which also occurs on the Bleach Universe.

We follow the adventures of Two Witches Ninny Spangcole and Noel Niihashi who work for the Western Branch of Soul Society. In a place called Reverse London. We are also introduced to Balgo and the Dark Dragons that now take the place of Hollows as the creatures of interest in this series.


The Good:

Tite Kubo's art is still as dynamic as ever. His women always gorgeous and his monsters well terrifying. Oh and his cute characters are just cute hahahaha

Being in Reverse London makes you feel that this whole manga a cross between Bleach and Harry Potter.

Spells and Broomsticks and what not.


The Bad:

Well since this has been serialized we are again introduced to a whole flood of characters that form the foundation of the Western Branch of Soul Society.It can be quite a handful. I still don't have a favorite as I did when I saw Mayuri. The Research Department Head was absent in the first chapter so I might as well wait for him or her hahahah.


The Ugly:

None whatsoever. Of course there is just the waiting for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment