Monday, October 28, 2019

"The Mythic Streak - The Witness"


"The Mythic Streak - The Witness"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I have put certain restrictions on myself regarding this Mythic streak of mine.

1) Boosters Packs Need to be Purchased in NG Eton Centris
2) They need to be purchased during my duties there on Wednesday and Thursday.
3) 3 packs or 1 pack of randomly selected Booster packs of any set.

Strictly speaking if I count the Harmonious Archon that I opened earlier this week my streak technically continues. 

But because of my rules. I was looking to see if I would be able to open another Mythic. And this would also be the first time that I would have an eye witness with me. It was Jus Puntay one of my playgroup mates in Eton Centris who happened to be able to drop by.

"Ako ba ang jinx?" He asked.

"Di naman. Ikaw lang ang witness." I answered.

And so with the three packs....

The first two gave me a Return of the Wildspeaker and a Happily Ever After. Both cards seemed to depict happy scenes of Redemption and Celebration but as I opened my 3rd pack I had a sinking feeling in my stomach. The Streak might be at it's end.

Until we reached the very end of the pack and I saw a the M at the bottom of the card and a 3/3 body.

"Ayan Doc Ah.Hindi ako." Jus said indicating that he did not jinx my opening.

And as I revealed Rankle , Master of Pranks I sleeved him and made him one the Good Stuffs in my Scarab God Deck. Unfortunately he did not make an appearance that night and Jus and his Golos deck steam rolled over me in all of our games.

But still! The streak continues on it's 8th week! Woooh

No comments:

Post a Comment