Monday, October 28, 2019

Midweek Magic 2019 #28 - The Infected Lightning Bolt"


Midweek Magic 2019 #28 - The Infected Lightning Bolt"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


"Na-infect ka na ba ni Keranos?"
Ako Oo.

To most of you reading Keranos and infect might be two things that do not go together or normally decks that run Keranos or Infect have different strategies in mind.

Fortunately enough I am surrounded by a lot of mad people who want to experiment on things and try to make them work.

So it was a Thursday and on one game with Yo Castillo who showed a different strategy with his Jhoira deck.(I have a feeling that we all put in different experiments within the shells of other decks to see if they work out and build around them later.)

In this particular Instance he put down a Grafted exoskeleton(By far my most favorite Phyrexian equipment) and equipped it into a now Creature Keranos who attacked for 8 Infect damage. With no blockers I took the poison counters. And was caught unaware of what would happen next turn.


I put down blockers and ignored the bounce spell in my hand thinking that Keranos won't get through and I needed another turn to look for better options. My next turn never came.

On the next upkeep Yo drew a land. And Keranos dealt that last 3 Lethal poison damage himself. An Infected Lightning Bolt! Who would have thought?

Now I am seriously thinking of making that Izzet Infect deck I had in the back burner.Hmmmmm Infected Lightning Bolt. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment