Monday, October 28, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #29 - Gulo Gulo with Golos"


"Midweek Magic 2019 #29 - Gulo Gulo with Golos"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

One of the hottest decks in Standard right now is the Golos- Field of the Dead. On this particular night I would be facing off with the EDH version of the deck and find how abusively good this combination can be.

Jus Puntay and I finally got to meet each other after a while and we decided to play in Neutral Grounds itself as KFC had frequent power outages. It is kind of hard to play in the Dark.

I would field out Scarab God Good Stuff's deck and try and win via Mill out against Golos. It did prove to be such a terrible match up as the deck just churned out land after land until it hit the 5 mana mark and casted Golos to fetch for a Land of the Dead. And then all hell would break loose as each land that came into play would make a 2/2 Zombie. 


I have to admit I might have been a little distracted with opening my PR kit and the 3 packs that were right there beside me to know if my Mythic streak was still on for the week.

Needless to say I had fun battling the deck but I wished that we had more matches to really see if I can go toe to toe with it. Hopefully we will be able to see this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment