Monday, September 30, 2019

"The Mythic Streak: A Thorny Guy Part 2"


"The Mythic Streak: A Thorny Guy Part 2"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It is now September 25 , 2019 and I keep on wondering if the Mythic streak will finally end tonight. 

So I bought 2 packs. If you consider it. A box of Magic Cards contains 36 boosters and among them might be 4-5 Mythic rarity cards which puts the odds at 13%(ugh Math!!!) when you randomly choose a pack in a box of 36. Almost 1 pack out of 10 packs might have a Mythic in them. So I don't know how things aligned for me to be able to open one every week. All I know is that I am thankful.

It reminds me of that time that I was opening packs upon packs of Battle For Zendikar in my search for the elusive Expedition lands. And I would not end up opening a single exped land or mythic. Damn.

With that horrible thought I started opening my 2 packs knowing full well that the streak could end tonight. My first pack yielded a Marauding Raptor. Very good in that Polyraptor deck I always wanted to do but it was not a mythic. Could this be the end I asked fate?

And then this Thorny Guy came to my rescue one more time. My 2nd Cavalier of Thorns telling fate Not today. The streak continues on it's 5th week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment