Monday, September 30, 2019

"The Mythic Streak: A thorny Guy Part 1"


"The Mythic Streak: A thorny Guy Part 1"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


It was September 11 , 2019. And my streak continues with my first Cavalier of Thorns. I understood that from all of the Cavaliers in the Core set 2020 this guy was the most sought after , apart from the Blue and Black ones. So I whooped it up a bit because his price tag more than doubled the cost of the pack I just bought. I recouped my loss and earned a little. If I were selling that is. And I am not because like I always say I am dragon and Dragons hoard.

I always wanted to talk about how the Cavaliers pushed you into committing into certain colors. The 3 green mana and 2 colorless mana is a clear indication that this should be in a Mono green deck but in EDH where players have access to lands that provide multiple mana and mana fixing artifacts like Chromatic Lantern or even Gilded Lotus , this guy or any of the Cavaliers can be right at home in decks that might need them.

I can see the Cavalier of Thorns working well with Azusa or a great addition to any of various Golgari led EDH decks that I currently have like Jarad or Skullbriar. In the Jarad deck Cavalier of Thorns could deal 5 damage to all of my opponents and still have a great use in it's death since it can allow me to draw another card that I may need on my next turn. One that it placed on top of my library all by itself. Such a Thorny guy!

It is the 3rd week of my Mythic streak. I wonder if it will continue next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment