Friday, September 27, 2019

"The Mythic Streak: Chandra sparks it"


"The Mythic Streak: Chandra sparks it"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was August 22 , when I bought a single pack just to get my Magic Pack fix and I got the planeswalker Chandra , Acolyte of Flame which was a rare card. I even got to tell fellow play group member Jethro in Eton Centris as he was having dinner with friends. This would be the start of something but little did I know that the following week would be the beginning.

This was the start. Though she a rare card. I felt that this was the start. 

I had thought of decks to use my recent acquisition and one stood out to me. It was Omnath , Locus of Rage. I particularly like the Hasty 1/1 Elemental tokens she spews out with her second ability. My opponents could block it and it would die. When I have Omnath out in play those 1/1's turn into 3 damage each. If an opponent can't block them then it translates to 4 points of damage. Hmmmmmm

Another use might be in a Red Oathbreaker deck that could make sure that this Chandra could put counters on Other Chandras. I may have to look into this one as I have accumulated most of the Red planeswalkers over the years and are quite due for this particularly deck.

I find it quite fitting that a red planeswalker started all this. My Mythic weekly streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment