Monday, September 30, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #27 - Gideon Double-Lariat!!!"


"Midweek Magic 2019 #27 - Gideon Double-Lariat!!!"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I had bought the Gideon Spell Book in the hopes that I would be able to use the special cards there to make a Gideon Themed Oathbreaker deck. 

All I was missing was the elusive Gideon Blackblade and time. The pieces of this deck languished in my car trunk for some time till I finally said enough was enough and I would now need to build it. And build it I did.

Filtering through all the White cards that I had available to me. Gideon Blackblade courtesy of my brother from another Mark Abude would be the commander , my signature spell would be End Hostilities. When asked why I preferred the 5 costing spell over the more efficient 4 mana ones like Wrath of God or Day of Judgment. I would simply say that it hits a lot more things like Equipments and Aura's. The real reason was that I could take out my full art WOG and DOJ from my Boros Aurelia deck that I consider as one of my best assault decks. 

This Oathbreaker deck would feature all of the Gideons that I had accumulated through the years and it seemed fitting. Even Kytheon and his irregulars were in here. All that was missing the Pegasus he was riding on when he attacked Nicol Bolas. 

In it's first game I was able to cast Gideon Blackblade along with the Spell Book Gideon Jura. I was able to cast a True Conviction and it was curtains as the Beefcakes attacked for lethal Double Striking action with lifelink in tow! 

Not bad for a first outing right? Making the memory of Gideon proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment