Monday, July 29, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #17 - Gitrog Monster Delights"


"Midweek Magic 2019 #17 - Gitrog Monster Delights"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I have often heard that the Gitrog monster was a beast. And that often times it would net you more than one card draw per turn. I have never experienced it until tonight.

The Gitrog works quite well in a Dredge deck. Dredging 6 for a Golgari Gravetroll for example allows you to draw a card if a lang falls into your GY. Often times I get to draw more lands from the Gitrog Monster itself. And these are discard to my favorite Putrid Imp who lets me filter my library it makes my creatures bigger. Creatures like Jarad and Splinterfright. It also lets me put a lot of lands in my GY for a Splendid Reclamation or Wold Shaper set up. Often times with the amount of card draw I get from The Gitrog Monster I get a hold of a Living Death or Reanimate that lets me get more creatures on the battlefield that I can count. 

And all because I can discard lands to an Imp to feed a giant frog. Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment