Friday, May 10, 2019

"Oh My Girl - The Fifth season MV reaction: Blooming Flowers "


"Oh My Girl -  The Fifth season MV reaction: Blooming Flowers "
by:
The Vole


After 8 long months Oh my girl has come back with their first full length album , The fifth season. With the carrier single of the same name also known as SSFWL (Spring, Summer , Fall , Winter , Love). Yup the fifth season that they allude to is love that comes after the other 4. 

The 7 member girl group seem intent on one thing in this song , that is to give Miracles a heart attack with their breathy and sweet vocals from Binnie's opening lines , Mimi's low toned slow rap. That Hyojung entry at the tail of the rap is wonderful and comes early on in the song to hook you even further. The song in my opinion sounds like an addictive anime ending theme. It will not surprise me that OMG is trying to market this to a japanese audience and they have been known to come up with anime tracks almost every year since their debut.

The Fifth Season or SSFWL is a slower , dreamier song than Remember me and is more akin to Closer or Secret Garden. In fact the cymbals at the beginning of the song does remind you of Secret Garden but I guess that is where the similarities end.



There is no doubt in my mind that this is an Arin push era even if Arin has the fewest lines in this song. I have to refer to what YooA said in Weekly Idol , "Arin's part are not the  killer parts but it is because Arin does them that makes it killer." And no one can argue with YooA when Arin has the last lines whispering "Love for real" or that part where she asks the question Am I wrong?" Check those parts out in the song. Very short but very effective as Arin is utilized in the best way possible.

I have to say it here that lately OMG has been bringing out the tiara's a lot. I think they had a surplus of it since MAMA 2018! Binnie and YooA are seen wearing it. And YooA kind of chokes me up a bit in all of her appearances here as she maintains her visual dominance in the group despite the upgrades to almost all of them particularly Arin , Binnie and Jiho. 

As of this writing this MV has already has 1.8M views the fastest ever in OMG's 4 year history and one cannot help but be proud of that achievement as a Miracle. There are more of us now. The tours earlier in the year helped out a lot. And I am looking forward to the music show wins next week. Go OMG. Fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment