Thursday, March 21, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #12:Wasted by Wastes"


"Midweek Magic 2019 #12:Wasted by Wastes"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

There are often times that a single even can ruin all of your evil plans. Such was the case when I had been excitedly trying to play out a Kozilek , The Great Distortion who had just been in my hand for the whole time.

I was playing my Azusa Mono green deck and it was something that I think my wife would be happy to see since I was putting her card gift to me into good use. So the plan was to replenish my hand and play more abusively than normal. I already have more than enough lands in play to be able to cast the Eldrazi Titan and so I did until Mark mentioned the 2 colorless mana in the beginning of this cards mana cost.

In my excitement to play the card I had forgotten to notice those 2 diamond symbols that they now associate with colorless mana producing lands as exemplified by Wastes from Battle for Zendikar. I was upset that I would not be able to replenish my hand and probably finish the game with Azusa already in play.

I had All the forests I needed but not a single colorless mana producing land. Talk about being wasted by Wastes. Sigh.

In the ensuing turn Mark was able to catch and eventually beat me in that game. Notice to sell: Temple of the False God looks really good just about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment