Thursday, March 21, 2019

"3 things I have seen this week March 2019:Eksenang Bangko Edition"


"3 things I have seen this week March 2019:Eksenang Bangko Edition"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

When one is adulting like paying bills and saving it is inevitable that you would have a day for your bank. My wife and I call this our Bank Run. And no we do not rob banks , we simply pay our bills and put in our savings. In our Bank Run this week I managed to observe these things.

1) "Ito kausapin mo!!!!!!"
In our 2nd Bank we arrived to the scene of a woman screaming at the teller and pleading to her to get the phone in her hands.

Of course we had no idea what the deal with the woman was but it seemed like later when we got to overhear her she wanted the teller to talk to someone who seemed to be approving a check.

2) "The Camouflage Couple"
I am not a fashionista nor will I ever pretend to understand why people wear the things that they wear. And so while waiting for our number to be called in a certain bank in walked in an older couple(mid to late 50's) who seem to be sporting camouflage prints.

The guy had a camo hat and short and white shirts. His wife wore a pair of camo leggings and a floral blouse. I don't know how that floral blouse worked with the camo leggings.

Anyway I whispered to my wife that they were wearing the wrong kind of camo for this bank operation. There was no foliage in sight to blend into. My wife giggled.

3) "Gintong Carioca!"
One of my favorite merienda is the Carioca that we would buy in our favorite kakanin vendor in BBB. For this trip we were stuck in the bank and being a little hungry I talked to the Nanay who was selling right outside the bank so that I can have a little snack.

I wanted to help out since the Nanay seemed to be so hard working. I was a bit disappointed to find that the Cariocas she was selling was 3 times that normal price and was even tasteless to boot! Sigh. My sense of Charity cost me this time.


Hoooowell. Maybe next Bank Run I would run into more interesting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment