Thursday, February 28, 2019

"The Tiger Clan Proposition"


"The Tiger Clan Proposition"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

"I apologize for my sudden appearance my Lord." Yejin had told him earlier that day.

V took it as a sign that the Tiger Clan was willing to work themselves back into the fold of Dragon kind after they have gone missing for a hundred years. It was not every day that you received a visit from their would be Queen.

Yejin was now a woman grown or should he say a full grown She-dragon in an attractive young womans body. Everything about her was sharp , from the way her eyes looked at you to her smile to her sudden disappointments.

"How are your brothers Yejin?" There are 4 other Princes above Yejin in the Tiger Clan succession. 

"All calling for your blood my lord."

"I see. And what about you?"

"I came here to offer myself once more for a chance of peace between our clans and the opportunity to restore my family into the Magistrate lines."

"I think that would still be up to the Magistrates once reparations have been made."

"I agree my Lord but with the support of the Black Fire Clan and the last remaning Creation Dragon our house can be on the fast track of that restoration."

"You are mistaking me for the head of my clan. One of my brothers should suffice for your purposes. I am a wanted War Criminal not one who runs clans."

"Most people do not see you as that my Lord. It is with your will that my clan has been saved and many more."

"Yes.30% of Dragon kind had to fall before I was stopped. Do you really wish for someone like me to endorse you?"

"No my Lord , I want to stand beside you and my entire clan as you are crowned King."

"I see. And who whispered all this nonsense into your ear Yejin?"

"Non sense? I am a would be Dragon Queen and my clan can aid you in more ways than the others could not."

"You mean in slaughtering other Dragons as effectively as possible? I could marry Jisun and have the Death Dragons or Jinsoul to have the long distance fire power of the Light Dragons."

"Yes you might have those houses. But Death Dragons are few and Light Dragons are known to wipe out other houses on a whim. All of the others will revolt if you chose either. As for Tigers , we can take care of all the others for you. None are immune to our poisons."

"You would have me seize power by dishonorably killing all who stand in my way then?"

"Only the end results matter my lord. We are already killing each other on the Fields to Ascend."

"Then the Tiger Clan has already lost all sense of purpose. You were once the fiercest of those who arrived in this plane. Your prowess was admired. Your honor in battle unquestioned but in the last hundred years you have relied on using Methods that even the Dark Clans would not even use."

"Times change my Lord and so should you if you want to see the world ran by Dragons again."

V laughed. 

"I have feared that you have not matured since the last time I saw you. You do not understand. The world is not ran by dragons. It is protected by Dragons. All who inhabit here are under the protection of the King. Both Humans and Dragons and others who are stuck here."

"But it is we who should rule."

"And that is the blindness of the Tiger Clan. Tell your brothers that I will not work with them in this manner. You may make a great queen some day but not mine."

Yejin frowned at his words.

"I do hope that you change your mind my lord. There will be a time when you will regret this moment."

"I will no longer have anyone's blood on my hands for the Ascension. You and your brothers can fight for it if you want. I have withdrawn. Time seems so short of be in that pursuit."

"You are such a waste."

"My time and my being is mine to waste as I please. Thank you for your visit."

V turned his back on Yejin and returned to work carving an obsidian Rabbit. 


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment