Thursday, February 28, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #10: The Battle of the Greens"


"Midweek Magic 2019 #10: The Battle of the Greens"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Finally Jus and I were able to cross paths again and it was a Green night to remember. It was Yisan Vs. Azusa. Jus was preparing for an EDH tournament and so I was facing a much improved Yisan that sprouted out a Priests of Titania and Temur Sabre tooth that along with a Lightning Greaves gave Jus unlimited Mana for days until he would Yisan into a Craterhoof Behemoth.

My Azusa on the other hand was a watered down version of the deck that I faced in Optum which was piloted by Dra. Paula. I guess I just wanted to use my Gigantosaurus hahahaha.

My lone win against Yisan was when I was able to have a Multani out on the field along with an Azusa who was beefed up by a Blanchwood armor. (It made me question why I did not put my Dungrove Elder in this deck).

Since my lone removal for Yisan was a Beast Within. I often found Yisan using his ability and beating out my poor Azusa.Still in this battle of the greens I was lucky to have come up with a somewhat exciting win(at least for me). The last time I won with a Blanchwood Armor was at least a decade ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment