Thursday, February 28, 2019

"The Tiger Clan Princess"


"The Tiger Clan Princess"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It has been awhile  , V thought. There were always things to do. Monsters to be slain , political intrigues to be smashed , Maidens to be rescued. Just once he wanted the day to go as peacefully as this one. The sound of the ocean waves carrying him over the clear waters. The sun was still rising on the horizon and it looked as if he was going to get his wish. Until he felt the first ripple of another dragons energy in the water. He sighed despite himself. V stood on the water , his wiry frame not betraying his true strength , the scars that ranged from his neck to his hips were dripping with water.

"I wish you won't bother me on the rare days that I am on a break." V shouted at the unseen Dragon.

"If only I could do this some other time but that is something that I cannot do. I am Yejin of the Tiger Clan." The she dragon manifested in a lithe human form that V can only describe as Sharp , from her eyes that looked fiercely at him to the smile that was wide and rapidly spreading across her face. The smile was beautiful but seemed weird to V who was not accustomed to having Tiger Clan warriors smile. They only smiled like that when they have caught up to a prey and was about to sink their long claws into it. Oddly enough V did not feel like prey at the moment. Though with the Tiger Clan one can never tell if they were befriending you or stalking you for the kill.

The last time V had seen Yejin was when she was a small whelp chasing after her brothers on the fields , too young to join the fray but not too young to kill a few dragons that mistook her as fair game. That was a couple of hundred years ago. Today she stood before him as a bright . lovely girl and V cannot help but wonder what her brothers have sent her to do.

"My brothers lay dying Creation Dragon. They are with the king in the portals beneath Egypt.Would you not help them?"

The Tiger clan has been one of the families that have been vying for control of the throne for millenia and not with honorable means as well. Recently they have pledged loyalty to the king and laid down any claim to the throne by joining the king in guarding the portals all around the world. This was the most dangerous job a dragon could have and why the normally selfish Tiger Clan would have this change of heart no one can ascertain but this request by Yejin came as a surprise.

"Tell me Pretty Yejin why I would grant your request?"

"Because the Tiger Clan acknowledges that you are our would be king all but in name. That and I offer myself as your bride."

V laughed long and hard.

Yejin's sharp features crumpled and her anger replaced the somewhat pleasant face she was showing just moments ago.

"I did not mean to offend you little one. I have had many brides and cannot think of any use for one more. I prefer to be alone."

Another expression showed on the girls smooth face , that of Dejection.

"I apologize. I am not rejecting you nor your request for assistance. I will aid your clan. You do not need to pay me with yourself for that. Shikao will have to pay me with a lot of stories after ward. All dragons are my kin no matter how bad they were in the past."

The girl bowed before V. 

"No more bowing. Let us go before more die." When Yejin looked up V was dressed in the light armor that he usually wears in human form. "I like the challenge beating up dragons in human form."

Yejin nodded her head and flew upward. V followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment