Thursday, February 28, 2019

"Loona - Butterfly MV reaction:A Bad Move"


"Loona - Butterfly MV reaction:A Bad Move"
by:
The Vole

After watching the teasers for Butterfly where Gowon struggled to reach Haseul in the old plane and seeing Yves and Chu in the streets of Hongkong dancing I was eagerly awaiting for Loona's comeback like a good Orbit would.

When the MV started and I noticed all the foreigners that were sporting Loona iconic items like or in the scenes where LoonA members first appeared I knew this was a fan service to all Orbits. I smiled.

And then the choreography started and I noticed something that bothered me. LoonA started off with a move that had them lying on their backs and opening their legs wide as if to give birth. I had to pause the MV there. I was thinking that they would probably change this risky move like they changed that part in Favorite for their Music Show appearances.

So I looked at their first Music Show appearance and they did not change it! I found this problematic since Loona has been suffering from a spell of drabness since their debut. I loved their school girl uniforms in Favorite but I liked their Hi High outfits more since it showed off more styles.

With this "Lithotomy" Choreo Loona would now be confined to wearing Black Tight pants for the rest of their promotions. With Kpop styles always improving and changing Loona will be stuck with an outfit that would make the look like a dance team rather than a kpop group. They could only change their tops and so far that is all that has changed.

From White to Purple to All black. Sigh.

Vocal wise Loona is there. The rest of the song featured sharp , well coordinated moves. Yves opening with her sexy , husky voice was a treat. Seeing Choerry sporting her new purple hair was a treat. Haseuls short hair. Yeojins maturing look.Jinsoul and Heejin appear less but their short appearances make this MV sweet at least.

It is quite obvious that YYxY is taking point in this song. Notice the abundance of Apples being eaten here as they point to the Butterfly effect where LoonA and their existence creates other LoonA's I just really wish that the original Loona could wear more stylist clothes. The Loona's they created were not lacking in color and style. 

I still like this song but I feel that this might not be enough to push them to #1 for this comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment