Thursday, February 28, 2019

"3 things I have seen this week: 3 people on the phone"



"3 things I have seen this week: 3 people on the phone"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

While I was buying dinner in Eton Centris one night I happened to see 3 people in the middle square talking on their phone and the contrast on how they talked piqued my interest.

1) Animated Fat Man

The first person was a fat man who was the loudest of the 3. It was not clear to me if he was explaining or berating the person on the other line or maybe both. His hand gestures were wild as he paced in the square. I do hope that he did not lose quite a lot of money or learn something that made him this angry.

2) Nervous thin man

It was tall thin man that I noticed next. He was holding his phone right next to his ear. He did not move about like the fat man. He walked slowly , he talked slowly as if he did not want anyone to hear what he was saying but I could read his lips. Sino ba may sabi sa iyo...basta wag mong sabihin....ano ka ba....Seems like another secret that I don't want to know.

3) Crying girl

And the last one was a girl that I saw while I was going back to the clinic. She sat down on the ground , she clutched her knees as she silently cried listening to the person on the other end of the line. I hope it is not a breakup call as it would suck this close of Valentines but with the way the tears were streaming down her face it might be an interesting time for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment