Thursday, February 28, 2019

"3 things I have seen this week: Scars"


"3 things I have seen this week: Scars"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Scars remind us that the past is real , a song once told me. And it was all too real when I saw all those scars this week.

1) Our Guest

Birthdays are usually happy events. My Aven spent time with her friends and there was one guest that I saw who had scars on her left forearm. This person was depressed as Aven once told me and as I talked to them this night one thing was apparent despite smiling and highly functioning there was something off. I was not able to pry what the reason for those cuts were but I hope that they are working it out.

2) The Taxi Driver.

Since my car broke down on me I rode a cab going to my last duty of the week. I usually talk to my cabbies since I want them to be awake and not hitting anything that they should not. My driver was young , late 20's to early 30's. He had a need for speed and one can say a suicidal way of driving as he would weave in and out of traffic , stop way too close for comfort to the cars in front of him and impatiently criss crossed lanes. I told myself a joke. I hope he did not have scars but as I looked as his left forearm there were dozens of them there. So when we arrived at our destination I was so grateful that I even gave him a tip. 

3) The Man in the mirror

I wanted to laugh at what happened to me last Saturday , there were times that I can use my laughter for it but the fact remains that it left something inside of me. I am glad that it was just over and that I am safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment