Thursday, January 31, 2019

"Midweek Magic #4 2019: Bloodsoaked Champion for the win"

"Midweek Magic #4 2019: Bloodsoaked Champion for the win"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It seems that we are destined to go on individual games this year and this time around it was my first game of the year with Yo Castillo. The thing that I enjoy with Yo is that we can go all out with each other and I discover a lot of interactions in my deck that I usually can't since my opponent usually dies to aggro. Yo can take a beating and then see the combination going.

And the Champion of the evening was none other than Bloodsoaked Champion. The guy literally had to die an infinite amount of times and be brought back again and again. He really was a work horse and for that he gains a permanent spot in my Hunyo ni Kulto Deck.

The first interaction was when I had a Harvester of Souls , Descrated Tomb and Ashnod's Altar in play.Bloodsoaked Champion gets sacrficed , I get 2 colorless mana from the altar and draw a card from the demon , when I return the Bloodsoaked Champion to the battlefield  , making it leave the graveyard it returns with a 1/1 Flying bat. I think I sacrficed it enough times to finally use a 20 X Exsanguinate for the finish.

This recurring theme gets even better with a Blood Artist or Zulaport Cutthroat in play as it easily sucks the life out of your opponents. I was excited with this interaction that I made all the Swamps in this deck full art. For future Murder and Swag.

Thanks for the game Yo!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment