Thursday, January 31, 2019

"Domri , Chaos Bringer: Doing the Will of Phyrexia."

"Domri , Chaos Bringer: Doing the Will of Phyrexia."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I have always wanted to make a Gruul Infect EDH deck. I mean with greens Ramp spells and Reds haste it was easy to power our a big Infect monster but somehow I felt that there was something missing , it needed that extra oomph. And that Oomph is Domri , Chaos Bringer.

In particular is this first ability. The one that gives you red or green mana and if this mana is spent on a creature spell  it gains Riot. And I asked myself what is better than the 5/3 Putrefax? Why a 6/4 Putrefax of course! And all the other Infect creatures that can now have the benefit of having a +1/+1 counter or Haste when they enter the battlefield.

If you don't have any creatures on hand yet for the first ability , you could go and use the second ability to dig in your library 4 cards at a time and you get to choose 2 creatures to put in your hand.

If I would use Domri , Chaos Bringer I would mainly focus on these first 2 abilities but that is not to say that the Ultimate ability should be dismissed outright. When you get an emblem from Domri , you get to create a 4/4 R/G Beast Token with Trample on the beginning of each of your end steps.

Now all that 4/4 token needs is a Grafted Exoskeleton attached to it and it becomes a 6/6 Infect Beast worthy of the lethality it inspires.

Who would have known it Domri , Chaos Bringer is doing the will of Phyrexia. Or will do it once I force him too. All will be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment