Thursday, January 31, 2019

"Midweek Magic #3 2019: KFC Thopter Massacre"

"Midweek Magic #3 2019: KFC Thopter Massacre"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Cheska and I decided to meet on a cold January night for our first EDH game of 2019. While I was eager to show the power of my improved Kulto ni Hunyo Deck ( Shirei + Shadowborne Apostles deck) I managed to win convincingly with it but not in the way that I wanted so I will not be writing about that here.

Instead I wanted to show the improvements on my Sai , Master Thopterist deck that was suggested by my friend Mark Abude. He suggested that I put a single Altar of the brood in the deck which can be seen here. Of course the insane interaction that I was able to pull off was when I had plopped down an unopposed Paradox Engine that had me untapping mana rocks and drawing cards with a Skull Clamp when I killed a Thopter that came into the battlefield. It was the beginning of the end , for each draw I got more mana rocks and soon after wards the Altar of the brood with a continuing stream of Thopters that milled Cheska down.

No comments:

Post a Comment