Thursday, December 27, 2018

"The Army Who Does not want to be named"


"The Army Who Does not want to be named"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Ever since my Aven has embraced BTS and turned into an Army(Their Fandom name) a very stange thing has happened in our house. My wife and I used to be fans of 2NE1 , we were not hard core Blackjacks but we knew the members enough.

The Army conversion of my wife as I would like to call it started gradually. For some reason she had not been able to go into Kpop again but there was one young girl who was determined to listen to her song despite her moms initial protests. And so whenever we went out Aven took control of the Dj'ing duties in the car and surprise surprise it became BTS radio.

Her mom did not seem to notice and seem to only tolerated the music. And then one time Aven and I were talking about something else entirely when my wife suddenly said "I like Ddaeng. It has swag." Aven and I looked at each other knowing that it was a creative diss track that our House Queen does not even listen to but here she was liking it.

And from then on the house became Army. My wife had stanned them and stanned them hard. If Aven favored Rapmon , her Mom seemed to look to the Maknae Jungkook. And had for some time called me Jung "Over" cooked.  Yet when you ask Stephanie she would often say "Di naman ako Army."

Di ka Army pero kabisado mo members , birthday , paboritong pagkain. past life , blood type at mga kamaganak. Di ka nga Army. I guess for someone who just devours information fast like my wife she got so caught up in it.

Of course we call Her The Army who does not want to be named. Because she is exactly that. An Army in all but name.

No comments:

Post a Comment