Thursday, December 27, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #50 Aurelias Ramp"



"Midweek Magic 2018 #50 Aurelias Ramp"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

In a recent match I discovered one of those synergies that I did not expect to happen in my Boros deck. I was able play a Sword of the Animist and then get a Pilgrim's eye out. My opponent had no removal available to deal with the 1/1 flier and so equipped with the Sword I was able to ramp my mana in no time. I was actually feeling satisfied with what was happening. A land play and an extra land plopping in for my attack.



And then Aurelia came out. And my Pilgrims eye with the Sword of the Animist was giving me 2 lands for each of my attack phase which with my land play gave me a total of 3 lands! Not bad for a deck whose colors normally have problems with ramping mana.

No comments:

Post a Comment