Thursday, December 27, 2018

"Doc In , Doc Out December 2018 Espesyal letter to patients: Kuya Drugs"


"Doc In , Doc Out December 2018 Espesyal letter to patients: Kuya Drugs"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Dear Kuya Drugs,

I will not pretend to understand the reasons that you decided to use drugs over the weekend but needless to say it fell on my lap to deal with you today.

Some of your teammates say that you are from a war torn area and seemed grateful to be away from that place and to work here in Manila. Is that the reason why you started using? To cope with the things that you have seen or experienced?

I do not want to feel pity for you but I do. I can only imagine what that was like and so I did not send you to the ER to get tested like what we usually do or should do. Instead I gave you the chance to prove to us that you have not taken anything and continue working with us. Despite the unfocused way that you talked or that you can barely keep eye contact when being spoken to or the inability to sleep for the last couple of days.

It may have been just that. I hope that it was just that. I hope that you did not take anything. I do not wish anyone to lose their jobs so near to Christmas.

Hoping,

Doc June

No comments:

Post a Comment